Please read these rules carefully as they apply to ALL SECTIONS. The theme for the 2023 Caledon Fair will be “UDDERLY DAIRYLICIOUS!”.
- To exhibit in any of the Exhibit Hall sections of Caledon Fair, each exhibitor must pay an Exhibitor Fee of $5.00. No fee is required for the Junior & Teen fair, 4H, or Group Displays. Juniors and Teens exhibiting in classes other than the youth classes must pay a fee of $5.00.
- All articles must be NEW WORK no older than two (2) years, and made by and/or owned by the exhibitor.
- Articles that look soiled or worn, or with any strong odour will be disqualified from competition.
- Articles must NOT have been previously shown at Caledon Fair, but may be entered a second time as part of a collection only.
- Articles can only be entered in one class and the exhibitor can enter only one item per class.
- A 4th prize will be awarded whenever there are 7 or more entries in a specific class. Monies awarded will be at the discretion of the specific convenors in proportion to the other prizes offered in the class.
- Resident of Group Homes- Note: for ease of handling entries from group homes, the group home will be assigned ONE entry number. Each member of the group home is then assigned a code letter and the entry tags must show both the group home entry number and the code letter for the exhibitor, e.g. 301A, 301B, 301C… In this circumstance, one prize winning cheque will be issued to the home and it will be the responsibility of the home to distribute the prize monies.
- Hall entries and pickups can be made as described in “How to Exhibit at Caledon Fair”
- ALL HALL EXHIBITS ARE TO REMAIN IN PLACE IN THE HALL UNTIL SUNDAY JUNE 14th 2023 AT 4:00PM EXCEPT FOR HOME BAKING ENTRIES WHICH MAY BE REMOVED BY THE EXHIBITOR OR THE RETAINED SPECIAL DONOR BETWEEN 3:30 AND 4:00 PM ON SATURDAY JUNE 10th.
- Prize books are available on our website at caledonfair.ca or upon request. Please call Glenda Simeone At 416-697-7792 for an emailed copy or a hard print copy.
- All winning monies will be mailed out after the fair. Discovery of a fraudulent entry or practice will cause any winnings to be withheld by the Caledon Agricultural Society.
- $5.00 from winnings of $25 or more will be held by Caledon Agricultural Society as a pre-payment for next year’s exhibitor fee. Prepaid members will not be charged for next year’s exhibitor fee at the fair.
- High Point Awards- Points are allotted as follows” 1st-4points, 2nd-3points, 3rd-2points, 4th-1 point. Note: Retained specials do not count towards High Point Awards.
- The Caledon Agricultural Society will take all reasonable precautions against loss or damage, but will not be held responsible for any loss or damage that may occur.
- Judges reserve the right to subdivide classes if necessary.
- No award will be made to mediocre exhibits, even though they may be the only ones entered in the class. In case of a tie, both entries will qualify for awards. Judge’s decision is final
How to Exhibit at Caledon Fair
- Choose the classes that you want to enter. Tell your friends and family about the classes you have chosen to enter, it can be fun competing against your friends. Then everyone can see your entries and theirs in the Hall on fair days.
- Read the rules for exhibiting, phone the convenor of the class if you have any questions. Prepare your entry. Call Susan Brown at 647-254-9245 and ask for an exhibitor number and entry tags. She will explain where to get them and how to fill them out.
- Bring your entry sheet and tags with your entries to the Exhibits Hall at the fairgrounds on the Thursday before the fair, from 7:00pm to 9:00pm or on Friday from 8:00am to 11:00am. Judging begins at 1pm on Friday.
- Come to the fair on Saturday to see what prizes you have won. You will need to claim your entries on Sunday afternoon between 4:00pm and 5:00pm. There is a Saturday pickup for baking only, 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
- Your prize money will be mailed to you. Congratulations and thank you for exhibiting at Caledon Fair.