Send us a picture of your Plants and Flowers exhibits by completing the Virtual Fair online form (see below) before May 31 2021! Be sure to attach a neatly lettered tag or card with the Section (11) and class in which you are entering it, as well as your exhibitor number. If you haven’t exhibited at Caledon Fair before, or can’t remember your exhibitor number from previous Caledon Fair exhibitions, contact the Virtual Fair Convenor and we can supply it to you. As this year will be a virtual competition, the classes will look somewhat different. Instead of bringing your lovely cuttings or plants to us, you will photograph them on a table topped with a white cloth, then you get to enjoy them at home! Some of the pictures will be in their position in the garden, too, so read the class requirements carefully. If you can’t enter your exhibits online, you can hand deliver or send your photos to Glenda Simeone, 20405 Heart Lake Road, Caledon, ON L7K2A8, post-dated by May 25th. Be sure to put your name and return address on the reverse of the photos and we’ll return them to you. The winners will be posted on our caledonfair.ca website on June 11.
Prize Money Classes 201-210: 1st– $8, 2nd-$5, 3rd-$3
- A vase of tulips, all one colour
- Narcissus or daffodil, any type, 1 scape in a small vase.
- Lily of the valley, 3 stems in a small vase.
- Jacob’s ladder, blooming, in the garden.
- Any other spring flower, blooming in your garden.
- African violet, potted, on a window ledge or table.
- Fern, potted, on a table or hanging container.
- Any other houseplant in bloom.
- A lilac bush in bloom in your garden or lawn.
- Any other spring flowering shrub blooming in your garden.