Convenor-Leah Simeone, cell 416-697-7792
Prizes: 1st$5.00, 2nd$3.00, 3rd$2.00
Sample of materials must be attached to entries when applicable (i.e. threads for needlework, cotton for quilting, etc.). If article was done in a craft class, please specify. General Rules for the Hall Exhibits apply. We recommend that juniors and teens enter in the Junior and Teen Fair where no exhibitor’s fee is required.
Outstanding Article Special
$15.00 to the Outstanding Article in Section 15 Arts & Crafts. 2022 winner is not eligible.
High Point Special
$10.00 to the exhibitor winning the most points in Section 15 Arts & Crafts. Previous year’s winner is not eligible
- Article of cross-stitch, miniature.
- Furniture, suitable for a doll house.
- Open class, miniature-specify.
Woodcraft *must be original design and shelf size*
- Article of woodcarving or woodworking
- Article done by wood-burning, no larger than 3’x3’.
- Wood crafted bird house or bird feeder, useable.
Pictures and Wall Hangings *Sample of material must be attached*
State if a kit or original design. All Wall Hangings must be ready to hang. All pictures must be framed.
- *Embroidered picture or wall hanging.
- *Hand stitched picture, any technique.
Silk and Dried Flowers, Fruit and Natures Treasures
- Corsage or wrist Corsage, mounted for display.
- Door, wreath, or Wall hanging, using silk or dried flowers.
- Mantelpiece arrangement or wreath, using silk or dried flowers.
- Table arrangement, using dried natural or artificial flowers and/or fruit- no larger than 24”x24”.
Made for Children *Sample of material must be attached*
- *Knitted or Crocheted toy.
- *Handmade toy, any technique.
- *Rag doll.
- *Doll outfit, mounted or on a doll.
- *Teddy bear.
- Article of folk-art painting on wood or metal, shelf size.
- Article of stenciling on paper, wood or fabric.
- Cushion cover, sewn, not to include the cushion or filler.
- Jewelry or Hair Ornament.
- Hand decorated note paper or card (not computer made).
- Three (3) bazaar items, each a different technique, displayed on a card or plate.
- An article made from plastic canvas or canvas.
- Wreath or hanging article, not using silk or dried flowers.
- Homemade candle.
- Fabric book cover, displayed on a book or album.
- 3 scrapbook pages covering a single theme, protected in a plastic cover.
- Item of tooled and/or coloured leather.
- Craft demonstrating Fair Theme 2023: “Udderly Dairylicious”
- Any craft not previously listed-name technique used.
- Tree ornament.
- Christmas door wreath or wall hanging.
- Table centrepiece with or without candles.
- Gift bag, no larger than 12” x 16”.
- Two (2) Christmas placemats.
- Christmas table runner.
- Angel, any technique.
- Christmas stocking, any technique.
- Three (3) small ornaments for a tree or package, all different techniques, mounted for display.
- Father Christmas, maximum height of 18”.
- Mantle decoration.
Crafts from Recyclables
Exhibitor must list all materials used. All articles must be a minimum of 50% re-used materials.
- Useful or decorative item using sewing scraps.
Holiday Crafts *for any holiday except Christmas*
- Centrepiece with or without candles.
- Holiday craft, any material/technique.
- Door wreath or hanging article, any technique.
Prizes: 1st $5.00, 2nd$4.00, 3rd$3.00
- Oil or acrylic-landscape.
- Flowers-any medium..
- Oil or acrylic- to reflect the fair theme: “ Udderly Dairylicious”.
- Watercolour-an old-time country theme.
- Pen and Ink, charcoal or pencil-a farm animal.
- Pastel or chalk- any subject.
- Portrait-any medium.
Judge’s Favourite Special– Sponsored by Glenda Simeone- $15.00 prize to the judge’s favourite picture.