Convenor-Glenda Simeone, cell 416-697-7792
Prizes: 1st$3.00, 2nd$2.50, 3rd$2.00
Sample of materials must be attached to entries when applicable (i.e. threads for needlework, cotton for quilting, etc.). If article was done in a craft class, please specify. General Rules for the Hall Exhibits apply. We recommend that juniors and teens enter in the Junior and Teen Fair where no exhibitor’s fee is required.
Outstanding Article Special
$15.00 to the Outstanding Article in Section 15 Arts & Crafts. 2019 winner is not eligible.
High Point Special
$10.00 to the exhibitor winning the most points in Section 15 Arts & Crafts. Previous year’s winner is not eligible
- Article of cross-stitch, miniature.
- Furniture, suitable for a doll house.
- Open class, miniature-specify.
Woodcraft *must be original design and shelf size*
- Article of woodcarving.
- Article of woodworking.
- Article done by wood-burning, no larger than 3’x3’.
- Wood crafted bird house or bird feeder, useable.
Pictures and Wall Hangings *Sample of material must be attached*
State if a kit or original design. All Wall Hangings must be ready to hang. All pictures must be framed.
- *Embroidered picture or wall hanging.
- *Needle point picture.
- *Hand stitched picture, any technique.
- *Counted Cross-Stitch Picture or wall hanging.
Silk and Dried Flowers, Fruit and Natures Treasures
- Corsage or wrist Corsage, mounted for display.
- Hat, decorated, to hang on a wall.
- Door, wreath, or Wall hanging, using silk or dried flowers.
- Mantelpiece arrangement or wreath, using silk or dried flowers.
- Table arrangement, using dried natural or artificial flowers and/or fruit- no larger than 24”x24”.
Made for Children *Sample of material must be attached*
616.*Knitted or Crocheted toy.
- *Stuffed animal.
618.*Handmade toy, any technique.
- *Rag doll.
- *Doll outfit, mounted or on a doll.
- *Teddy bear.
- Article of folk art painting on wood or metal, shelf size.
- Article of stenciling on paper, wood or fabric.
- Article of liquid embroidery or fabric painting.
- Cushion cover, sewn, not to include the cushion or filler.
- Sewn door stopper or draft catcher.
- Hand decorated note paper or card (not computer made).
- Three (3) bazaar items, each a different technique, displayed on a card or plate.
- An article made from plastic canvas or canvas.
- Wreath or hanging article, not using silk or dried flowers.
- Homemade candle.
- Fabric book cover, displayed on a book or album.
- 3 scrapbook pages covering a single theme, protected in a plastic cover.
- Scrapbook cover.
- Hair ornament.
- Item of tooled and/or coloured leather.
- Article made from Friendly Plastic or modeling compound.
- Craft demonstrating Fair Theme 2022: “Remember When”
- Decorative or useful item made of glass-painted, stained or slumped.
- Ceramic article.
- Pottery piece, fired, with or without glaze.
- Any craft not previously listed-name technique used.
- Tree ornament not using beads.
- Beaded tree ornament.
- Christmas door wreath or wall hanging.
- Table centrepiece with or without candles.
- Gift bag, no larger than 12” x 16”.
- Two (2) Christmas placemats.
- Christmas table runner.
- Angel, any technique.
- Christmas stocking, any technique.
- Three (3) small ornaments for a tree or package, all different techniques, mounted for display.
- Nativity scene or three wise men, no larger than 23”x24”.
- Father Christmas, maximum height of 18”.
- Snowman, any technique, maximum height of 18”.
- Mantle decoration, not using silk or dried flowers.
- Napkin holder or 4 napkin rings, any technique.
- Hand made wrapping paper.
Crafts from Recyclables
Exhibitor must list all materials used. All articles must be a minimum of 50% re-used materials.
- Useful or decorative item using sewing scraps.
- Wind chimes.
- Useful or decorative item made from old denim.
- Desk furniture.
Holiday Crafts *for any holiday except Christmas*
- Centrepiece with or without candles.
- Holiday craft, any material/technique.
- Door wreath or hanging article, any technique.
- 2 holiday place mats.
- Past President’s Special- Quilted wall or door hanging- any season/occasion
Prizes: 1st $5.00, 2nd$3.50, 3rd$2.00
- Oil or acrylic-landscape.
- Oil or acrylic- flowers in a vase.
- Oil or acrylic- to reflect the fair theme: “ Remember When”.
- Watercolour-an old-time country theme.
- Watercolour-child(ren) with grandparent(s).
- Pen and Ink, charcoal or pencil-a scene from the past.
- Pastel or chalk- any subject.
- Portrait-any medium.
Judge’s Favourite Special– Sponsored by Glenda Simeone- $15.00 prize to the judge’s favourite picture.