Caledon Fair – 2023
See our Fair Competitions for 2023.
Join us at the Caledon Fair June 9, 10 and 11, 2023!
- Bavarian Gardens
- Ag Awareness Tent
- Hall Exhibits
- Knox United Church Food Booth
- High Country Antique Power Club beside the Ag Awareness Tent
- Truck Pull 6:30pm Start
- Bavarian Gardens
- All British Classic and Antique Car Show 10am – 4pm
- Music by: Golden Country Classics on Main Stage – 10am
- Eco Show in the Ag Awareness Tent – 11am and 3pm
- Opening Ceremonies by Blythe Meek Past President – 12pm followed by Ambassador Presentation, Pie Auction in support of Multiple Sclerosis, and a Pie Eating Competition
- Slowest Tractor Race and Slowest ATV Race on the Pull Track – 2pm
- Music by: Muir Family Band on Main Stage – 3pm
- Family BBQ 4pm – 7pm
- Demo Derby 5:30pm
- Music by: Gord McDonald & Friends on Main Stage – 7pm
Free Admission When Dressed in Period Costume from 1860 – 1980
- Welsh Pony Show – 9am
- Dairy Educator in the Ag Awareness Tent 10am
- Entertainment by Mr. Spaghetti Legs strolling the grounds – 10pm-11pm and 3pm-4pm
- Cattle Show – 11am
- Heavy Horse Pull on the Pull Track – 12pm
- Entertainment by Circus Jonathan in Ag Awareness Tent – 12pm, and 2pm
- Music Jamboree – Main Stage 12pm (bring your voice or instrument)
Our fair has been running in Caledon Village since 1860 during the reign of Queen Victoria.
Fairs were started across the country when it was beginning to be settled by pioneers, as a way to encourage improvements, education and productivity of all aspects of agriculture.
For example a prize winning animal at the local fair could command a higher service fee, and be more sought after for service. This helped to improve bloodlines, and productivity.
This had the same effect for other livestock, crops, equipment, new ideas and even canning and preserving as well as other lifestyle enhancing activities, right on down to square dancing! Fairs were a BIG DEAL for many towns and villages throughout Canada for many years.
Hosted by the Caledon Agricultural Society